Thursday, January 23, 2014

Johor Bahru Old Town

Jalan Tan Hiok Nee is my favourite street in JB. In fact, it calls my name again and again. I envision myself running a business in a quaint and delightful shop there. Oh yes.

On a lot of Saturday mornings, I'd be there for breakfast, at a little corner coffeeshop. A couple of weeks ago, I took a stroll around the area.

The popular corner of Jalan Tan Hiok Nee. At night, there used to be a bar on the little roof where the black umbrella is. SO cute!



Love this simple white coffeeshop.

Suitcase shop sign!

The landmark of Jalan Tan Hiok Nee. A lot of performances and events take place here at night, mostly during festive occasions.

A sketched mural. Amazing details.

A number of boutiques.





I saw some empty shoplots for rent/sale. My hearts-a-beating.


More cafes...



The shops are usually closed in the daytime. But this street is awesome at night! It really comes to life! There will be rows of small stalls on the street, and the cafes will be brimming with people. Almost like Jonker's Street of Malacca.

I wish I had inherited a shop there...

No comments: